5 Comments:
- I Can't stand Van Ruijven.
- Johannes didn't want to say anything to help Griet.
- I think Griet made the correct choice in marrying Pieter.
- After all those years Cornelia and her mother dipised Griet.
- Griet kept the 5 coins because she still had love for Johannes.
- It's about time Griet slapped Cornelia**Met her with a slap and left her with a slap**
4 Questions:
- Deos van Ruijven want to cause trouble?
- What was missing from the painting?
- What was so special about the pearl earring that Griet noticed?
- Where did Greit decide to go?
- Did Johannes committ suicide?
3 Words:
- Placate(pg.197): to appease or pacify
- Cumbersome(pg. 200): burdensome
- Tavern(pg 229): a place where liquors are sold to be consumed on the premises.
2 Literary Terms:
- Flashback(pg. 232): "I reached over and slapped her"
- Symbolism(pg. 233): " I would hide them somewhere that Pieter nd my sons would not look, some unexpected place that only I knew of. I would never spend them."
1 Sentence Summary:
Griet is caught in the act, runs away.. 10 years later she starts a new life and it is finished when Catharina gives her the pearl earrings.
Griet is caught in the act, runs away.. 10 years later she starts a new life and it is finished when Catharina gives her the pearl earrings.
No comments:
Post a Comment